Updated September 2020
Holme Valley Sports Injury Clinic Ltd T/A JRM Physiotherapy
75 Huddersfield Road, Meltham, Holmfirth HD9 4AF
‘Personal information’ means any information that is capable of identifying you.
‘We’ means Holme Valley Sports Injury Clinic Ltd and JRM Physiotherapy.
We collect and process data because we have a legal obligation to do so and it is adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary.
What information we collect and when
We collect and process information when you telephone the clinic to make an enquiry or appointment, when you email us, when you access our online booking system via our website or if you visit the clinic in person.
At the point of enquiry or booking we may ask you for:
your date of birth
your telephone number, either landline or mobile or both
your e-mail address.
At your appointment at the clinic, we will ask for information regarding your general health, your previous health and information regarding the condition you are seeking advice about.
We will also ask for information regarding any activities you undertake, your employment, and any medication you take.
We will also record the findings of a physical examination.
How we use this information.
We use electronic records that are hosted by a third party (Cliniko)
All information is kept electronically in a file that directly relates to your episode of care.
We use this information:
- To provide a legal record of any treatment or advice we provide
- To ensure continuity of care
- To contact you in regard to your ongoing treatment including sending exercises by e-mail.
- To contact you if new information or treatments become available that may be of benefit to you.
- We may pass information with your permission to other medical professionals who may be involved in your care; this may include GPs, consultants, occupational health departments or other Health and Care Professions.
- We may pass information with your permission to your private healthcare cover provider or insurance company, when relevant, if your treatment is part of a private healthcare plan or insurance claim.
- We may pass information with your permission to lawyers upon your request, to inform a legal process or claim.
- We may use your information for quality feedback purposes.
- We may use your information for audit purposes.
- We may pass your contact details and details of the time and date of your appointment to NHS Track & Trace during the coronvirus pandemic if requested.
We do not pass on your information for commercial purposes.
We take all reasonable steps to ensure that our information is kept up to date and rectified if necessary. It is also your responsibility to inform us if any personal information changes.
How long do we keep personal information
We have a legal obligation to retain records for 8 years after the conclusion of treatment.
If the record relates to a child or young person, the records must be kept until the patient’s 25th birthday or 8 years after death.
We may retain electronic records indefinitely for use if you return for another episode of care and for analytical purposes.
How do we protect your information
We take organisational and technical security measures to protect the information against unauthorised disclosure or unlawful processing.
You are entitled to a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to have any discrepancies rectified. You can do this by written request to the address at the start of the policy.
Disclosure of your information
We may pass information with your permission to other medical professionals, health insurance providers, and legal teams who may be involved in your care; this may include GPs, consultants, occupational health departments, other health and care professions, insurance companies involved with any claims for treatment against insurance policies, and legal professionals involved in any legal claims related to your treatment or condition.
This information may be passed on in the form of a written letter which is given to you - if this is the case, the letter becomes your responsibility and the protection of its contents is your responsibility.
If the information is passed electronically by email, it will be password protected and we will take all reasonable precautions to transmit the information securely.
All changes will be notified on our website
Holme Valley Sports Injury Clinic Ltd
75 Huddersfield Road,
Holmfirth HD9 4AF
Telephone: 01484 968017